Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weekend Woes...

We had a pretty full day yesterday (Saturday). It started out with the girls' dance recital photos. All three girls will be performing in a recital in a few weeks, so all three girls had to be completely dressed and made up for pictures this morning. I do hair (for school) everyday--so I can handle that. But, putting make-up on little girls...not so much. Because I don't really wear anything other than powder, concealer, and occasionally bronzer, I'm certainly not a make-up artist. Fortunately, it seemed to turn out okay, and we all made it to the studio--and we weren't even late.

The girls ready to go...




Logan...





Carsyn...



Maren, with her hat on backwards--oops...




After spending 2+ hours at the portrait studio, the girls were less than thrilled to have such a significant portion of their day wiped out. (As if I enjoyed all that.) They wanted a "day off" to play and have nowhere to go. So, we agreed that we would go to 5:30 mass that night, allowing everyone to sleep in on Sunday and giving them the whole day to do nothing. Well, next time they should be careful what they wish for. All day today (Sunday) they complained of how bored they were. "What?! You guys don't want to watch the Cubs or the Blackhawks?" Poor kids...

The girls before mass...




No comments: