I have been dreading this day for a few weeks now. Who would have thought it given how much we all hated it when we first moved here, but it's really grown on us. Enrolling Logan in school on base rather than the Catholic school she attended last year was a tough decision at first, but I don't regret it one bit. She had the most amazing experience in Kindergarten. It was fantastic to be able to walk her to and from school EVERY day (we NEVER drove.) It was also nice that Logan's Grandmother worked at her school and even substitute taught in her class. Logan met so many great friends and we became friends with their families. She also made the junior dance team and had such a wonderful time doing that. As a mother, I was also very happy to have the opportunity to be very involved in Logan's class. I spent almost every Friday in the classroom, and several other times throughout the year. Logan had two of the best teachers we could have asked for and a super-nice and caring aide. She learned so much and we are so proud of her. Her school was also named a 2008 California Distinguished School. Logan is handling the move and everything much better than I am. I could not hold back tears dropping her off this morning or later when I came into the class to see the kids one last time. It was very sad saying goodbye to friends that we've made. I'm really going to miss living on base, our friends, and Logan's school! But, to lift our spirits and go out on a good note, we're off to Disneyland for one last trip before we head to D.C.
Mrs. C and Logan...
Ashley, Grace, and Logan= Best Friends Forever...
No comments:
Post a Comment