Monday, October 17, 2011

In Memoriam: Dan Wheldon...

After Mass and cheer yesterday, we were super excited to watch the final Indycar race of the season. It's unbelievable how everything can change in an instance. One minute Tony was leading from the pole, the next 15 cars were in a gnarled, tangled mess. As they showed the other drivers climbing out of their machines, it became evident that it was Dan Wheldon who might be seriously injured. We waited and waited, and prayed that the news would be different, but it wasn't. What a sad day for Indycar, and the family, friends, and fans of such an awesome guy! We have always loved Dan, he was always so sweet to the girls. We are heart-broken...

*The girls and Dan at IMS in 2010.


1 comment:

Rossetter Twins said...

What a tragedy! I feel a special connection to him since he won the first Indy I ever attended and he won this year while I was there preggo with #3. Sad day for Indy racing and we feel so bad for his wife and young sons.