Saturday, September 15, 2012

Air Force Marathon...

 I am not exactly sure why anyone would want to do this, but on January 1st Barry signed up for the Air Force Marathon...the full marathon.  He didn't really start "training" until April.  And, he didn't really follow a traditional training regime.  His mantra was--why would I want to do this twice?  I'll just run 26.2 miles once, and be done with it.  I agree, except I wouldn't even want to do it once!  This morning was the big day.  I was pretty bummed about having to take him over to the drop-off at 5:30 in the morning.  But, I felt obliged to bring the girls over to see him running.  He finished, and he didn't die--so I guess that's pretty good.  Although, he has been acting like he's dying--limping around, it's so embarrassing ;)  Way to go!


Waiting for daddy on mile 22...


There he is...


Finisher!  The only benefit of running a marathon=free beer!
 
 
 

No comments: