While the girls were at school today, guess who saw, and shook hands, with the Vice President of the United States today?! This girl! Joe Biden made a campaign stop at Wright State--which is literally down the street from us ;) A friend and I went over with our tickets, and waited in line for almost two hours for the standing room only event. I was very pleased with the large turn out. Ohio native, Dave Chappelle was also there. I finally talked my way up onto the VIP stage, and immediately jumped up to the railing when VP Biden started making his way down the receiving line. I was so excited! I have to admit that I got a little flustered. The Vice President said, "How are you doing?" And, all I could say was, "I'm fine. How are you doing?" How ridiculous. But, it was awesome! It's not everyday that you get to meet the Vice President! The girls were so jealous. I told them if the President comes, I'll take them out of school.
Before school this morning: wish me luck girls...
Fired up and ready for Joe!
Right after we shook hands...
Found this in the local paper...
No comments:
Post a Comment